Mediagistic Interview with ACHR News: Generative AI, ChatGPT and HVAC Marketing
Mediagistic’s very own Director of Sales, Luke Steinkopf, and Director of Corporate Marketing, Eddie Childs, were recently interviewed by ACHR News about the game-changing role of generative AI tools like ChatGPT in HVAC marketing.
In their discussion with business development editor Hannah Belloli, Luke and Eddie shared their expert insights on how generative AI tools like ChatGPT, an advanced language model developed by OpenAI, are revolutionizing the HVAC industry’s marketing strategies. They discussed how this cutting-edge AI technology is enhancing customer engagement, streamlining communication, and fostering meaningful interactions.
Here are a few excerpts:
- “The evolution of search to include Generative AI really cannot be overstated in its significance,” said Eddie Childs, director of corporate marketing at Mediagistic. “I think what we’re going to continue to see is a fragmentation of user behavior. Some users are going to continue to use traditional search … but what I think we’ll see is they’ll also start to use ChatGPT and other AI solutions in their search behavior.”
- “What we’re going to see probably is more options that incorporate AI directly into the search engine results page in addition to the more traditional search solutions,” Childs said.
- “With the advent of new technology like BingGPT and Google AI Search, we’re on the edge of a new frontier here, and businesses that are agile enough to adapt are the ones who stand to reap the most benefit in the coming years,” Childs said.
- Using ChatGPT for email marketing also helps HVACR contractors stay in front of their customer database. “If they need assistance working on the content for those items, that’s somewhere ChatGPT could be leveraged to help them identify offers, value propositions, or even writing follow-up information for the customer,” said Luke Steinkopf, director of sales at Mediagistic.
- “Anything that you’re going to feed to a search engine … I would strongly recommend, at least for now, that people stay away from using AI-generated content,” said Childs.
- Google still values original content — so much so that Google has rolled out updates, time and time again, repeating that emphasis. “To the point where it’s really devalued content written purely for SEO value,” Childs said. “It’s developed a lot of ways to decipher what content is not original. So now the new way to optimize content for Google is to focus on what content is going to provide maximum value to the person who’s reading it and performing the search query.”
- “Google is focused on algorithmically rewarding content that offers maximum value to its end users and which matches the intent of the searcher,” Childs said.
- Will AI evolve to eventually satisfy those requirements? It’s hard to say “never,” Childs said, but at least for the time being, he advises keeping those EEAT guidelines top of mind.
You May Also Like
Mediagistic Interview with ACHR News: How HVAC Contractors Can Generate a Buzz Like BarbieSeptember 18, 2023
Mediagistic’s Digital Strategy Manager, Chris Swere, and Social Media Strategist, Gianna Finazzo, were recently interviewed by ACHR News about how HVAC contractors… Continue Reading Mediagistic Interview with ACHR News: How HVAC Contractors Can Generate a Buzz Like Barbie…
How to Overcome HVAC Market Volatility: Aligning Marketing with OperationsSeptember 8, 2023
In the HVAC industry, the landscape is ever-changing. With the seasonal nature of demand, changing consumer preferences, and evolving technologies, market volatility… Continue Reading How to Overcome HVAC Market Volatility: Aligning Marketing with Operations…
Why Your Business Needs a Professional, Mobile-Optimized HVAC WebsiteAugust 22, 2023
In the modern digital age, establishing a strong online presence is vital for home services businesses, particularly in the HVAC, plumbing, electrical… Continue Reading Why Your Business Needs a Professional, Mobile-Optimized HVAC Website…